(Possibly) The Best Dependent Benefit Offered in Indiana

 In Benefits, Education, State


Did you know that if you are a disabled Hoosier veteran with wartime service, a Hoosier Purple Heart recipient, or former POW, your children may qualify for up to 100% tuition and fee exemption at some Indiana colleges and universities?

As with any government benefit, there are some initial requirements and then some hoops to jump through. Here’s the down and dirty:

Children of Purple Heart Recipients, Service Connected disabled WITH wartime service (WWII, Korea, Vietnam, August 2, 1990 to present) and POWs – With other than dishonorable discharges – qualify.

Service prior to July 1, 2011 – 100% tuition and normal fees exemption
Service after July 1, 2011 – Disability Rating +20% = Total % tuition and normal fees exemption

Up to 124 undergrad or professional credit hours at Ball State, Indiana State University, Purdue University, IUPUI, Ivy Tech, USI, Vincennes & WGU Indiana

The in-depth information on this grant for dependents of Hoosier Veterans can be found at
Tuition and Fee Exemption for the Child(ren) of a Disabled Veteran
Tuition and Fee Exemption for Purple Heart Recipients
As always, contact your County Veteran Service Officer, or the Indiana Department of Veteran Affairs for more information or assistance.

CVSO Lookup

IDVA Contact:

Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs
302 W. Washington Street, Room E120
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2738
Telephone: 317-232-3910
Fax: 317-232-7721
TOLL FREE (In State) 1-800-400-4520

Recent Posts